Teacher of Geography
It is an exciting time to join the team at Brentwood County High School. With a new Headteacher in post since September 2022, a new building opening in February 2024 and a new vision for the school, it is the perfect time to join our journey.
A new opportunity has arisen to appoint a talented and enthusiastic Teacher to join our School in Summer 2024. We are very proud of how we value and look after our staff, as the school is a part of Osborne Co-operative Academy, where staff wellbeing is a priority.
The successful candidate will have the ability to teach Geography across the Key Stages and will be creative, innovative, efficient and committed to raising standards, as well as instilling passion in the students. You will have excellent subject knowledge and will be joining a highly motivated team of superbly collaborative teachers committed to a creative and stimulating approach to teaching and learning, and to instilling a passion for Geography in our students.
We welcome Applications from teachers at any stage in their career, including teachers with the ambition to train to become Lead Practitioners or Head of Departments. Early Career Teachers or experienced Unqualified Teachers who are prepared to train to gain qualified teacher status.
Due to increasing student numbers, Brentwood County High School is on a journey of improvement and is seeking to appoint additional staff. Following our "Good" Ofsted rating in June 2022 and several years of excellent student outcomes, demand for places in Year 7 and Year 12 has been rising. In February 2024, we will be excited to open the final stage of our £27 million DFE heritage building project. This will provide new state-of-the-art learning environments - including new science, sporting, technology, and art facilities - whilst also retaining the character of the original school buildings that date back over a century.
BCHS is a Co-operative Academy which is firmly rooted in serving our community. We are proud to be an inclusive co-educational comprehensive school where we recognise that success for young people is built on firm foundations of trust, respect, care and hard work. We measure our success by much more than exam results as we recognise that such data tells only a part of the story of each of our young people. BCHS is already a great place to teach and learn and we have many strengths including:
- Motivated and polite pupils, who have a strong voice in the school with diversity champions and student parliament
- Staff are aided by extensive in-house support and coaching, by dedicated and helpful colleagues
- Knowledgeable and dynamic Trust with supportive governors, with a robust understanding of education
BCHS is located in the heart of Brentwood, near the town centre, a short distance from the train station, which is 25 minutes from Liverpool Street Station. The school also includes a large sixth-form campus and achievements at KS5 have been a key strength at BCHS. Parking is available on-site and there are good transport links by both rail and bus. BCHS is just over two miles from the M25.
Osborne Co-operative Academy Trust is a Multi-Academy Trust, with twelve member schools within Essex. All schools in the Trust work in equal partnership and are members of the schools' Co-operative Society. Our Co-operative Values focus on enabling all students to achieve their potential both academically and as young people.
What the school can offer:
- 2-week October Half term
- Recognition of continuous service
- Automatic enrolment into the National Teacher Pension Scheme
- Excellent CPD opportunities
- Career progression throughout the Trust, with the ability to progress in other schools
- The support of an experienced family of schools
- National Conditions of Service
- Access to the Employee Assistance Programme
- Excellent behaviour management policy to support all staff
- Wider support network for all staff including managing workloads and work-life balance
If you feel the school would suit you, and you have the passion, drive and commitment to work with us to make all aspects of our school outstanding, please apply now or you can request a visit to the school or for more information speak to Sophie Neal firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01375 648901.
BCHS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. In compliance with safer recruitment procedures and guidelines, all applications must be made on our formal application form, CVs will not be accepted. This appointment will be subject to pre-employment checks including an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and satisfactory references. Osborne Co-operative Academy Trust is an equal opportunities employer. As a Trust, we recognise the value of, and seek to achieve a diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all backgrounds. Please refer to our recruitment and selection policy statement (www.osborne.coop/working-with-us) for more information.
If you would like to be considered for this post, application forms are available via our website Osborne Co-operative Academy Trust
Please note: we may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and we reserve the right to offer to a candidate before the closing date. With this in mind, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Person Specification Requirements
- Qualified Teacher Status
- English and Maths GCSE
- Evidence of continuing approved professional development
- Further or higher Degree
- Experience across the Secondary School age range
- Proven record of successful classroom teaching
- Experience in Secondary School
Professional Competence – Excellent Teaching Practitioner
- Ability to use ICT and understand computer software packages
- Ability to motivate students at all levels
- A thorough understanding of the requirements of the curriculum and the range of teaching and learning strategies necessary to motivate pupils to achieve their potential
- High-level ICT expertise
- Innovative, imaginative and flexible classroom style which pushes the boundaries
- Ability to teach in a second area
Personal Qualities – Excellent communicator
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to recognise and utilise staff strengths
- Ability to work as part of a high-performing team
- Ability to inspire children and the capacity to see each as an individual in their own right
- Aspirations to further promote
Application Closing date
To make changes to an editable PDF on your phone or tablet you must download it rather than opening it in your device browser.Application Form
- On Apple devices press and hold the application form button and select Download linked file. Once the file has downloaded you can find it in your Files app where you can open and complete the form.
- On Android, choose Open with Drive if prompted, then click on the Save to Drive icon; once the file is saved to Google Drive you will be able to complete it using your mobile device.
Please note: we may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and we reserve the right to offer to a candidate prior to the closing date. With this in mind, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Osborne Co-operative Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post will be subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.